Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The language barrier sucks!

Yesterday we scheduled a visit to an external warehouse where the people did not speak english. When we toured the facility it was ok but then we sat in a conference room for more than an hour while the conversation was solely in german. I felt stupid just sitting there. Wished I had my BB so I could at least do some work! I was also feeling frustrated I couldn't speak german. I thought back about Gary's comment about this - he thought that there should be a language chip that you can install in your head as needed. Wouldn't that be nice! Better yet, why can't there just be one language per planet! It would make life so much easier. Oh well, enough whining. All in all I was lucky that 90% of the people we had to talk to for this assignment spoke english.

No comments:

Post a Comment