Friday, March 4, 2011

And one falls victim to the indian food.....

Yep, last sunday Raf fell deathly ill from something he ate. We are still debating on what. That sunday we had lunch at a nice restaurant near our hotel. He ordered a kashmiri chicken dish and I ordered a fish dish. As usual we shared our food. It was SO good! That night Raf was vomiting and had severe diarhea. He felt that it was the chicken and I disagreed because I had the chicken and felt fine. He did eat more of the chicken and maybe that made the difference. I think it was more because of the other food he was eating. The night before, after our trip from the caves I decided to stay in and had room service. Raf decided to venture out and went to a bakery where he bought some some calzones and other baked stuff. He also ate some local sweets from the bakery. He did take me the bakery when we went to lunch the next day and it looked nice enough. Still, I follow my strict rule of not eating anything that has not just been cooked. I think this was more the reason why he was sick. Anyway, poor Raf had to go to the hospital on Monday morning to get medications and he was in bed the whole day. That night I had to go to the store to buy him some carbonated water and some bananas and crackers. He did go to work with me by Tuesday but did not eat anything but plain rice. Actually I wanted to kill him when he followed someone's advice and put yogurt on his rice at lunch. Doh! I reminded him later that my doctor at home told me to not eat the yogurt here (she's from india herself) and to just eat warm cooked food. That night he was feeling a little weak from not eating anything substantial the past 2-3 days and wanted something with lots of calories. He told me that he was going to go to McDonalds for a burger (chicken). I told him NO! Of all the things for him to eat after such an experience is to eat something from a junk food place and so heavy and greasy. I literally begged him to just stick to boring but safe hotel food. Today is Friday and Raf is finally eating normal again. Poor thing, before this happened he was loving all the food we have been eating and now I think this traumatic experience has scared him a little bit. These past few nights he has opted to just eat hotel food.

No comments:

Post a Comment