Thursday, August 25, 2011

So sad to hear a german talking like a cali surfer

Most of the time my german (or from other countries) asks me to teach them proper english. This audit is a different experience because we have 2 americans in our group of 5. Me and Clay who is from southern cal and talks like it. The other night one of our german colleague wanted to learn some american slang. I refused to teach him because I didn't want to be responsible for corrupting the poor guy. So what does he do? he goes to Clay who was more than happy to teach him. It was so funny that I couldn't help but throw in some words of my own like "dude" or "moron" or "that's so wacked". By the end of the evening Stefan was calling us douch bags (this was NOT part of my contribution). I was busting up when he had to google the word during dinner to figure out what that word meant and wanted us to explain further! Ofcourse Clay was more than happy to explain where the word douche came from (in french it means shower but in the US it's used very differently!) There was also fascination about the culture of LA (about the girls in particular) which I was quick to say does NOT represent the rest of the country. Some of the topics were so funny and cannot be posted here!

No comments:

Post a Comment