Friday, August 5, 2011

Bye bye germany


Aug 5

Hooray! All done and on my way home to sunny az. Last 3 wks made me homesick for a little sun and happier attitudes! Because the weather has been so crappy it's the top conversation piece here. I tell you, people are pissed that it's in the middle of the summer and it's been cold and rainy! It's enough that the weather is like this year round but they expected at least a few weeks of decent weather. One colleague asked me if I have any idea what it's like to have kids on school holiday with nowhere to go?! They are so happy when a little sun peeks out for a few minutes but cranky again when it's not. THis is usually the time when I brag about the 360 days of sunshine in az and that it's 43C right now. I will NOT miss the humidity!

It's been a great audit and fun to do with M. THis is the first time where all were experience and it's been much less work and stress. We both knew what to do and how to do it. Went to a networking bbq at hkl and was fun. Ran into some people I knew and some where I have only worked with via email. Wursts and steak on the grill and kegs of beer, it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment