Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bratislava











Aug 15, 2011

4 weeks in Bratislava, yikes! This is the longest assignment so let's see how I do. The team consists of me and 4 guys from germany, japan and southern cal. All very nice and laid back so we are having fun. Bratislava is the captial of Slovakia and very close to Vienna. In fact I flew into Vienna from the US and took a taxi to our hotel in Bratislava. Our hotel is right next to Old Town and a convenient walk to all the restaurants. We are also close to the Danube river, there are castles nearby - cant wait to explore more during our free time.


I'm liking the cuisine, last night we had a nice dinner at a rest. with local cuisine. Lots of meats and potatoes in their diet. Loved my grilled trout (pictured above :-)). So glad this group likes (and can afford to) go out to dinner every night. I told stefan that we can literally eat at a different restaurant every night we are here! The old town is so quaint, pedestrian only and with lots of winding narrow cobblestone streets.


Our hotel has a nice spa area on the top floor with views of the castle - massages are cheap so guess what I'll be getting every week! Cant' wait to check out the shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment