Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Girls night out!


July 29

Talk about a way to end the week. Marietta wanted to make sure we finish our report end of day Friday (so we don't have work on the weekend) so she coordinated weeks prior a girls night out. I tried the "I'm an old married woman" excuse but that was rejected immediately. The plan was to have cocktails at M's place at 9pm and afterwards we go out dancing. Again I tried to tell them that I am usually in bed by 10pm and again that was rejected. And so I went and had a great time. There were 5 of us girls including 2 that I met for the first time. It was fun to do girl talk while sipping on champagne. I have to say I was starting to get tired by midnight and we still haven't gone out yet. We did manage to leave around 12:30 and went to les halles, a really cool dance club that's a restaurant by day. It's like a big old house and the music gets louder as you go towards the center room. The further you go in the more crowded and the louder the music. The loud music really gets your blood pumping and we were dancing and having fun to the typical house music. Then at one point I heard the dj talking with a southern (as in southern carolina) accent, what the heck?! It definitely wasn't german when he was asking "howr y'all doin?"! By 3:30am I was running out of steam and ready to head home. The girls were still going at it, bless them. Ofcourse they are at least 15-20 years younger than me so I have a good excuse. When I was told to bring clubbing clothes for this night I just laughed at them. I texted gary on the taxi ride home and he couldn't believe I was still up, lol! I rarely go out on a friday night while at home because I do want to go to bed by 10!

Still, it was a fun night and to live vicariously through these young girls who still have so much energy in them. Hey, I was like that but many many years ago! Now my idea of fun is to relaxing on the couch and watching a movie with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment