Monday, June 13, 2011

Images of a typical french village - nemours




Yep, just what I thought a typical french village should look like. Old stone houses, narrow cobblestone streets, locals walking home with loaves of baguettes from the patisserie, and a serene river to give the town a perfect setting. I went for a quiet morning walk and reached the center of town in less than 30 minutes, didn't think about taking my camera with me so I took the pics above with my blackberry. I loved the old church that looked like a mini version of notre dame cathedral in paris. On the way back I stopped at the market to pick up some groceries, including a baguette which made me feel like a local. Now if only I can speak like a local! My limited french will come back to me but for now I try to at least say hello and thank you in french.

No comments:

Post a Comment