Monday, June 20, 2011

Great views from top Arc de Triomph









We all met Saturday afternoon at the Trocadero which is a fantastic spot to view the eiffel tower. Had a freak thunderstorm that although lasted only 15 minutes had people screaming and scrambling for cover. I had an umbrella which wasnt quite enough to cover my pants and shoes from the rain that was blowing sideways! The pictures after the storm was nice though!


As we walked by the arc de triomph we noticed that you can actually go to the top. So, for 10 euros we got to climb the 250 step of spiral staircase (whew!) to the top for some fantastic views of the city including the famous champs des elysees street.


After that we took the metro to Montemarte which another place I have never been to. It's famous for the art, this is where artist come to paint or sell their paintings. It's such a quaint area and SO paris! I got a crepe from the sidewalk and it was so good! The area sits on top of a hill that's north of the city center and crowned by the famous Sacre Ceour church. Poeple come here to sit on the steps below the church to watch the fantastic view of the city. As souvenier I bought a small black & white oil painting of the eifel tower with the seine river as foreground. So touristy but I don't care, it's my favorite scene of paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment