Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back in france again



Monday June 13

As if being in france is a chore! I remember well my first time in Paris in 1987. I loved the city back then and have always loved coming back. This is my 5th time back to paris and it never gets old. Would you believe I've never been up the eiffel tower or have gone back to the louvre since the first or second visit. What I love most is just walking around and soaking in the atmosphere.

For this assignment I go about 60km south of city center, to the small town of Nemours. It's a village of only 12,000 people. Damn, even dover delaware had a bigger population! This picture is just a view outside the hotel window but you get the idea, all countryside! There's supposed to be a lovely river and castle in town but I'll explore that later with the team. We will spend this coming weekend in paris. Got in last night and today (monday) is a public holiday so I have 1 day to get adjusted to the time difference and do some prep work. Tomorrow morning is the opening meeting and I'm excited to get started. This time I'm the team leader and it's going to be a challenging assignment. The rest of my team gets in tonight and tomorrow morning. Going for a walk to get some fresh country air. It's only 70F here, can't believe that 24 hrs ago I was in 100F in phx!

No comments:

Post a Comment