Monday, January 24, 2011

A nice gessture of friendship


Monday Jan 24
This morning Lalita came in with a box of bangles for me and Bea. At the dinner Saturday night I happened to ask about the jewelery that Indian women wear at their wedding and it got around to the large number of bangles that the brides wear. Lalita then said to me that she would take me shopping for a traditional punjabi and saree this week but she would like to give me some bangles as a gift as a token of friendship. I told her she did not need to do that but I guess she didn't listen to me. She must have brought in about 150 bangles for us. They were not valuable in money because it was plastic but I thought it was sweet gessture. They were actually pretty cute and so colorful. Since we got so many we divided it up so that Laszlo can also take some for his daughters.

4 more days to go! I am missing my better half. On this trip we chatted daily through google gmail since my ipad was not functional in india. With this I was able to see gary because his computer had a camera. We'll have to see if I can install a web cam on my laptop for the next time.

Our big meeting is this friday and my flight leaves at midnight on friday. I am dying for a big salad since I haven't eaten any fresh vegies since I've been here! The food has been great and I haven't had any stomach problems, so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment