Friday, November 11, 2011

Lovely Como


Lake Como on a cloudy day


Full moon on Lake Como



"Downtown" Como in the morning
Friday Nov 11
The sun finally came out on Wednesday! The landscape here is so beautiful with the lake and mountains and the colors of autumn of the trees and the crisp cool air. It's in the 60's during the day so it's perfect for me. My italian colleagues are helping me plan a weekend in florence. Booked train tickets and hotel. Federico is going home to germany for the weekend and martin is staying in como to rest. Rest?! I can rest when I get home, meanwhile there's the whole of italy to explore! I didn't want to miss the opportunity to travel around italy while I can so I am striking out on my own. Simone is helping me get tickets for one of the museum in florence since it's the most popular and you can wait in line for hours. I am not a big fan of museums but would not pass on the chance to see the works of leonardo da vinci, michaelangelo, titian, raphael, rembrandt, boticello, etc. They say that in florence you will see a renaissance masterpiece every 6 steps, can't wait to explore!
Yesterday simone got ambitious for me by trying to plan a quick side trip to pisa (as in the leaning tower of pisa) while I was in florence. As it was, I am in florence for only 2 days! He showed me the train schedule and insisted that I could rush through florence on saturday and then take a train and spend 3+ hours in pisa before heading back to florence to catch my train to como. I told him thanks but I didn't want to rush through florence like that and wanted some strolling time for photos. Besides, I don't know the italian railway system and didn't know how easy it was to use.That and I didn't speak the local language. Already they planned my next weekend while we are in milan. Alfredo and simone convinced me that I can take a quick train to verona (as in romeo and juliet) for a day trip next weekend. So excited. I'm staying up past midnight during the week to get the work done and to ensure I have the weekend free. It's my last audit so I have to make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment