Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend in Cape Town

Ocean view outside my hotel room

Sea Point

Walks along Sea Point

Downtown Cape Town


Sept 23-25

OMG, I love this place! Such a difference from Joburg. Cape Town is on the very southern tip of the African continent, next stop Antartica! Fedi and I flew out on Friday after work so that we could at least have 1 full day Saturday and most of Sunday. Didn’t make any set plans and knew we would have to do some work over the weekend. But who cares, I pictured sitting on a seaside terrace cafĂ© and writing the report.

Our hotel in cape town
We stayed at a ocean front hotel in Sea Point. Both of us booked rooms with sea view but I got lucky and got a corner room with gorgeous views of the ocean and boardwalk. Since it was already late when we got to our hotel I couldn’t exactly see the water but boy I could hear the sounds of the pounding surf! Had a moment of indecision of keeping the windows open because it was so loud but I decided to keep it open.

The next morning we decided to go to Table Mountain via a double decker hop on hop off bus. So toursity but who cares! Since we didnt have a car it was a nice way to get around and get our bearings. This city was the place where the dutch first settled. The british also came and colonized. Someone told me that Cape Town was lovely and looks like southern california. As if! I almost didn't go because of what she said! This is so much better. Yes the climate is mild and sunny with the ocean like cali but that's about it. THe food, the people the music and the culture makes it quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment