Friday, September 2, 2011

The famous rooftops of Prague





Sunday Aug 28

They say the you can recognize the city of Prague by the red rooftops. The best way to get a view of them is on the south tower of St.Vitus Cathedral. We made our way up the hill to the castle complex. I noticed a sign to climb some stairs to the top of tower. It was a nice sunny day so I wanted some shots of the city. When you go in they do have signs warning people that it's a hard climb up 287 steps. Well, I didn't stop to think how many steps that is. We started up this narrow stone spiral staircase. Towards the top I started getting dizzy. Not from the height, more because of the constant circling up the spiral staircase! I thought it would NEVER end! Once we got to the top I told Mike I wasn't going anywhere until I stop sweating! 287 steps is like going up 15-20 stories! Wait, I wouldn't know that because if I was in a building that tall I would be taking the elevator!!!
All whining aside, it was worth the beautiful views! It was nice and quiet with only the sounds of the breeze. You can walk all around the tower to get a 360 degree view of the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment