Monday, September 5, 2011

My spa weekend in budapest :-)





View of the pool from above treatment rooms


View of the pool from the relaxation room

I did pick this hotel because of its royal spa and boy, it was worth it! Heavenly! The Royal Spa (as it was called) at the corinthian hotel was all marble and stones. The crown jewel was the 50 feet pool. Jacuzzis occupied 2 corners as well as saunas and steam rooms. Then along 2 quiet corridors were comfortable lounge chairs. The pools and saunas had infinity edges on all sides and the water is alway overflowing. The resulting sound effects while you are there is heavy cascading waterfalls. I'm not generally a jacuzzi fan but this one could not be missed. They had jets so strong I felt I had to hold on to the rim so I don't go crashing into other people! They allow kids in the spa from 11-3 so I just make sure i"m not there during those hours. It was so nice there I decided to forgo the planned night walking and boat tours and book a treatment and spend more time relaxing. Hey, I know my priorites! The next day I asked for a late checkout and spent a few more hours in the spa, it was so much more quiet and I felt I had the place to myself.

I thought phx had the best resort spas but this one really rivals it!

No comments:

Post a Comment