Monday, December 6, 2010

I ate blood sausage!


Mon Dec 6






One of the traditional dish during Xmas is Veriworst which is blood sausage. No, it's not just a name, it's really sausage made out of pig blood! I guess it's traditional throughout europe because the guys have had it before. When they found out I've never had it they insisted that I at least try it and that it's delicious. OK, I'm asian, I've eaten weirder stuff so ofcourse I would at least try it. There were stands in the xmas market where they were grilling meats, sauerkrauts, bratwurst, and the veriworst.- all in this huge 30 inch diameter frying pan. Udo was smart in that he ordered one for me and said if I didn't like it, he would eat it. The taste of it wasn't bad but I did not like the consistency and promptly gave the rest of the blood sausage to Udo. Like a wimp I went to get a bratwurst for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment