Saturday, July 2, 2011

Coming up for air.....



July 1

Hooray, it over! This was a tough audit and I had an inexperienced team. This meant do my part and also help them with their part and play the role of lead auditor. On top of it all this was a highly anticipated one with people outside of france knowing we were here and were curious with what's going on. In other words people will actually read our 45 page report :-) It was so much work, for most days we were in the office past 9pm. The day is long so I get fooled with the sunlight. Never fails that I would look at my watch and it's frickin 9! I had anticipated a difficult final discussion so I pushed the team to really know what they are talking about and made them practice with the difficult topics. They might have thought I was strange with my role playing. Bea had some controversial topics and I kept challenging her to make sure she can hold up in the meeting. The french fights really hard and you have to be tough for it.

In the end we had a good audit and got a few "well done" from the bosses in germany which made it all worthwhile. We had some interesting findings this time and I learned a lot. I will miss their french accents the most! After the last meeting Victorio told me that he appreciated me speaking slowly. Funny but I make a conscious effort to speak slowly and annunciate whenever I am in a foreign country and whenever I forget to do that, it never fails that they would ask me to repeat. We joked the other day that when I get back to AZ after my assignment I will have to relearn american english again.

2 weeks with my hubby and it's back to duesseldorf!

No comments:

Post a Comment